Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Feeling Guilty

It's been almost two weeks since we've been here in Colorado and I will admitt that I actually do like it here. Which is surprising because I thought I'd be wanting and begging Jori to let us go back home. I KNOW one reason I like it here is because Jake and Kasia are here and live just right across from us! I LOVE kasia. Jake tried this insulation thing out before in Utah and it didn't work out but he decided to give it a shot here in Colorado. I really hope they stay because Kasia has become one of my really good friends, she's so easy to talk to, and fun be with... and not to mention we both have someone to hang out with all day while the boys are gone. Another thing i'm looking forward to is Kevin and Heidi oh and Kaleigh ;) will be coming sometime soon. I know they are nervous about it but i CANT wait!! Besides the fact that Kev and Jori will probably spend WAY too much time together, it will give me and Heidi some girl time too!

Anyways, I dont really know why but for some reason I have been feeling guilty for just sitting at home all day. Jori works extremely hard all day and does an amazing job at supporting our little family. I feel like he does EVERYTHING and i'm just along for the ride. It doesn't seem fair. I'm torn because I want to work so then I feel like im putting in some effort for us as well, but I cant seem to grasp the thought of someone else taking care of tayzli. And not to mention that most of my paycheck would go straight to the day care. I dont know, Im really confused. I mean, I got my Phlebotomy certification so eventually I could work in a hospital and work nights. That was my plan, but nobody seems to hire anyone unless you've had at least 6 months of experience as a phlebotomist. So I've considered volunteering to get my experience, which brings me back to having to leave Tayzli. I know parents do it all the time, and i have nothing against parents letting other people raise their kids. I actually give you props for doing it. Maybe when Tayzli starts getting older I'll feel differently and wont feel like i need to be with her ALL of the time. But as of right now I just dont want to yet. I can barely even go to the grocery store without her and im already going insane wanting to hurry back to see her. Or calling Jori to make sure she's okay. Someone help me out! Am I just being a baby? Do I need to stop being lazy and go out and get a real job, not JUST a stay at home mom?

What good is a post without pictures? Here is a video for our families(mostly you jana hehe) I know you guys wish you could see her more but I'll make sure to keep posting videos and pictures of her so you dont miss out on ALL the fun.

I swear, she is a different girl the second I pull out the camera. Its like she KNOWS! and shes being shy. Im not joking, the second I put the camera away she starting smiling way big and makes tons of noises. So I'm sorry I couldnt get a very good video. Better than nothing though.I dont know why this picture went sideway but it was the closest thing to a smile that I got.

4 comments:

  1. Jamie I dont know if you remember me or not but Im Lorna Reed, ( know Lorna Bryce) anyways you have such a beautiful family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, Tyzli is so beautiful. I am glad to hear that you like Colorado. When Matt and I were there last year I hated it. I feel the same way about Matt and work. But just remember when you are feeling that way of all the little things that you will miss if you work. It could be her first wave, crawl, word, anything. No amount of money can bring back those little moments. Besides our role is in the home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey.....obviously you already know that i do work......but if you have the mind set that someone else is raising your kids then you will never want to leave....I have to look at it as some adult interaction. If you think that someone else is raising your kids then you will never want to leave them because believe me it is the HARDEST thing I have ever had to do.....and dont get me wrong I miss them ALL day and I always wonder what they are doing but I feel like I appreciate the time I do get to spend with them so much more!! I am so jealous of you being able to stay at home and not miss a second of little Tayzli growing up and I really do wish I could be at home more!!! So even if you do feel like you want to work somewhere always always remember that even if you leave her that someone else is NOT raising her!!! we love you guys and miss you tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your little sweetie is so adorable! Im glad to hear that you like Littleton, that is actually where we lived when we were there, and to have friends that live so close:)
    I have to say that staying at home is hard when you feel like you can help contribute more to the financial situation, If you are able to stay home with your kids i would take that chance to have with them. Time goes by too fast and you seem to miss out. I see nothing wrong though either with going out and having something of your OWN,even if it was a couple days a week for a few hours, it does help you to appreciate the time you do have with them. You should do what YOU feel like you need. Maybe after she gets a little older you will feel like its okay to step out and have something more. take your time but dont feel guilty for being at home, its the most important place for a mom to be. Im thankful that Im able to be at home with my 2 kids.

    ReplyDelete