Thursday, October 28, 2010

Growing up


I've noticed that everyone is "growing up" so fast. People are getting married, having babies, and even getting a divorce. And I remember always thinking to myself (even telling people) that I would never be one of those people that got married right out of high school. But look what happened. I got married 6 months after I graduated and had a baby the next year. I've been thinking a lot lately about certain people that used to tell me to "grow up".... well, I guess I took it literally. I look at those people now and love that I can say I've grown up and they are still busy telling people to grow up. Honestly, I have been through so much in the last year, how many people can say they had a baby and got married at 19 years old? Maybe I didnt CHOOSE to grow up, maybe it was something I knew I HAD to do. For Jori, myself, and especially for Tayzli. But it still doesnt change the fact that i DID grow up. I'm sick of hearing that im too young to be married, or im too young to have a baby. All the rumors that went around, and still go around about me and jori used to bug me, to the point I wanted to just give up. I learned not to listen to people, they will do anything to tear you down, just to make themselves feel better or to get a reaction out of you. It still hurts and always will hurt to hear bad or untrue things about you. But dont ever regret doing something in your life, just LEARN from it. Never in a million years did I think I would have a family at 19. I'd like to see anyone go through all the drama, lies, and tears i've gone through in the last year THEN try talking crap. I promise this last year has been the hardest I've ever had to deal with. And I'm sure there's many to come. But i know now that i CAN do it, I CAN get through anything.

Besides the fact that its been HARD. And I've wanted to give up, I wouldn't change ANYTHING thats happened. ever. Its made me realize who i really am, even how strong i really am. I LOVE where i'm at in life. I have an amazing husband that does so much for me daily, and sacrifices so many things for me. I have a daughter that I couldn't imagine NOT having, she doesnt know she does it but just by looking at her puts me in a better mood. she brightens my day just with her smile. and she has a laugh that can melt anyones heart.

Anyways, the point of this post is for me to get out some emotions and also to let anyone else reading this know....that if you are ever having a hard time, you CAN get through it. Dont give up no matter what is being said or what is happening in your life. Most of my HARD TIMES have just ended up being a blessing in disguise. Things that were happening that I never thought I'd get over, now i can look back and laugh. Let your trials make you stronger and be more aware of all the good things you DO have in life. Do what makes YOU happy..

2 comments:

  1. I agree, life can be hard and people are people. I got married at 19 and I wouldn't change anything. I know words can hurt more then anything, it has made me start to watch what I say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie! i LOVED this post! way to say it all! :] I'm sorry for all that you had to go through but your right you have a BEAUTIFUL family and are SUCH a good person! love ya tons chick!

    ReplyDelete